Godaddy Broke Full Path Domain Forwarding
Did GoDaddy’s recent (June 2018) change to their domain forwarding service break your paths? This happened to a few of our domains as well, and we were PISSED!
Before you transfer your domains to a “better” registrar, or follow their offial (and terrible) response to spend more money and upgrade to their hosting plan, then modify some of the hosting files, and sacrafice a small animal, know that there is a solution that requires almost no work on your part! And you can test it out for FREE!
A very simple domain forwarding service to help get your domains back on their feet after months of downtime.
Its super easy to use, and only costs $9 per domain per month after your 2 week free trial.
Using NavHere.com to Forward your Domain from GoDaddy
- Go to navhere.com and sign up.
- Add the domain you want to forward.
- Click the checkbox for “Domain Forwarding”
- Set the Forwarding Base Path to “example.com/blog/”
- Go to your GoDaddy DNS
- Create a new CName Record for “random_characters.blog.example.com” (don’t include “.example.com”) and point it to “random_characters.redirect.navhere.com”
- Create a new A Record “blog.example.com” (again, don’t include “.example.com” in the textbox) and point it to “126.96.36.199”
- Give GoDaddy a few minutes to propagate your DNS changes around.
- Go back to your domain in NavHere and click “Verify”
- That’s It! You have a free 2 week trial period to test it.
- Click the “Renew” button on your domain to add another year of redirections for only $9
If you have any issues:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, concerns, or just to talk. We get lonely some times, too!